2019 Election: voting has closed

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Nov 25, 2019, 12:28:55 AM11/25/19
to JenkinsCI Developers
As communicated, as of 5pm PT today the voting was closed. I'll look at the result tomorrow and communicate the outcome.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Daniel Beck

Nov 28, 2019, 5:20:04 AM11/28/19
to Jenkins Dev, Kohsuke Kawaguchi

> On 25. Nov 2019, at 06:28, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <k...@kohsuke.org> wrote:
>
> I'll look at the result tomorrow and communicate the outcome

Any news here?

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Nov 28, 2019, 9:42:48 AM11/28/19
to Daniel Beck, Jenkins Dev
My apologies for the delay.

The results are in. Alyssa Tong won the biggest support as the event officer, and Daniel Beck won the biggest support as the security officer. So they will stay in those seats. I sincerely thank them for their continued effort and service.

Oleg Nenashev, Ullrich Hafner, and Alex Earl were elected to the board seats, but there is a catch. In the actual vote result, Mark Waite won the seat, but that would put 3 people from CloudBees to be on the board, which violates the corporate involvement clause -- the idea is that we wanted to limit the influence by one corporation. So we discussed this and decided Alex shall take the seat that Mark has won.

Thank you very much for all the candidates for stepping up and show the willingness to help & serve. Thanks everyone for the participation to the process, which I think gave a much needed legitimacy to the governance.

And finally, special thanks to Tracy and Olivier, who was behind the scene and took the grunt work of running an election, for the very first time. I'm hoping to catch up with them to produce the post-mortem report, so that we can improve this the next time around. A number of you pointed out gaps and suggestions.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

martinda

Nov 30, 2019, 6:49:19 PM11/30/19
to Jenkins Developers
Congratulations to the elected members and thank you all for participating in this important process.

Let us know where feedback is to be collected if it is open to the community, I'd like to contribute a few thoughts.

Martin

Oleg Nenashev

Dec 1, 2019, 3:55:55 AM12/1/19
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks all! It is an honor to serve on the Jenkins board. I will start reaching out to people after Jenkins World to handle the logistics and plans/roadmaps.

Regarding the election process feedback, you could send the private feedback to the board mailing list. For public feedback and retrospective, I would suggest the Advocacy and Outreach SIG channels and meetings. But let's wait for guidelines from Tracy.

BR, Oleg

Marky Jackson

Dec 1, 2019, 4:42:55 AM12/1/19
to Jenkins Developers
Congratulations to all!
I am also very interested in giving and hearing public feedback so this process can be improved.

Tracy Miranda

Dec 3, 2019, 6:12:53 AM12/3/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Below is a doc Kohsuke kicked off, I've updated with outline of events and some of the feedback I've heard.
Please feel free to add in additional feedback, much appreciated!

Tracy

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 4:43 AM Marky Jackson <marky.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
Congratulations to all!
I am also very interested in giving and hearing public feedback so this process can be improved.

Marky Jackson

Dec 3, 2019, 9:13:11 AM12/3/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Tracy,

Thank you for putting this document together. I do have a few questions.

1. How can people contribute items to this list?
2. Will the retrospective also have a transparent meeting with all new board and officer members present?
3. I provided feedback I do not see on this list

I would like to add my feedback publicly and that is the possibilities of conflicts of interest in voting and nominations. More specifically around the handling of votes by people whom are also nominated.

My hope is there will be a scheduled public meeting once the board and officers are seated and settled.

Thank you kindly.

{
    "regards" : {
         "name" : “marky”,
         "phone" : "+1 (408) 464 2965”,
         "email" : “marky.r...@gmail.com",
         "team" : “jackson5“,
 “role” : “software engineer"
     }
 }

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Dec 3, 2019, 9:58:02 AM12/3/19
to JenkinsCI Developers
I believe you can edit the document directly. The documen is WiP at the moment, so feel free to add text, comment, provide edit suggestions, etc. If you prefer, prefix the text with your name.

Looking forward to seeing your feedback.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Marky Jackson

Dec 3, 2019, 10:08:13 AM12/3/19
to JenkinsCI Developers
Thank you KK, I can edit now and added my feedback

martinda

Dec 10, 2019, 8:54:58 PM12/10/19
to Jenkins Developers
Thank you KK, I added my feedback.

Oleg Nenashev

Dec 11, 2019, 6:16:28 AM12/11/19
to Jenkins Developers
I suggest to have a retrospective discussion at the Advocacy&Outreach SIG meeting next week (Dec 19). It would be a great venue to discuss the feedback and to define the next action items. We will also have a Jenkins Governance Board meeting today at 6PM UTC, I will add the Board Election results & Feedback to the agenda.

W.r.t other action items: