DECISION: Jenkins project to join CDF

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Mar 1, 2019, 5:54:27 PM3/1/19
to JenkinsCI Developers
The two weeks comment period that we set out on Feb 11th has ended. Aside from what’s already publicly discussed in the email thread, the last governance meeting, and past conversations over the year, we didn’t receive any private input during this period, positive or negative.

The board has met, and based on all of those, what we see is a fairly strong consensus among a small number of people who care about this topic. Others seem indifferent, and nobody that we know of are against the move.

So we concluded that we should proceed as the motion proposed in the beginning of the public comment period. This is a big thing, so I’m really happy that we got to this point. I want to thank everyone for making this happen.

We will begin the process of transferring from SPI, and entering into the CDF. In the beginning we are largely going to be working as we have always done, and the work mostly entails invisible formality work — recording decisions, transferring assets, various paperwork, meetings with those foundations, etc. We’ll involve with the relevant team officers, and collectively we’ll provide updates. Once the CDF gets going and we are there, then more evolutions/changes to the governance should follow, such as formalized voting. Such evolution has always been a part of us, and those will be individually discussed, like we’ve always done.

As always, any questions, comments, and/or thoughts are welcome.
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Marky Jackson

Mar 1, 2019, 6:07:10 PM3/1/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I am really happy for this. What can we in the community do to help move this/make the transition easier?

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Mar 1, 2019, 6:28:27 PM3/1/19
to JenkinsCI Developers
Thanks! Your +1 like that is helping to people to see that this move is positive, and that creates an air cover and motivation for people doing the work.

So I say people can help by bringing more +1s!

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Gavin Mogan

Mar 1, 2019, 6:30:05 PM3/1/19
to Jenkins Developers
I'm also super excited about this. I can't wait to see if this helps other companies get involved.

(I am excited enough that i logged into groups.google with my personal account, that's how excited i am)

Rick

Mar 2, 2019, 12:48:13 AM3/2/19
to Developers Jenkins
I am looking forward to this. Which reminds me, if we will provide the Chinese version for the CDF website. I asked this in the cdf mail list. But got nothing.