Jenkins 2.249.1 LTS RC testing started

Oliver Gondža

Aug 27, 2020, 11:53:20 AM8/27/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Latest LTS RC was made public and it is ready to be tested. Final
release is scheduled for 2020-09-09.

Please, report your findings in this thread.

Download bits from
http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/war-stable-rc/2.249.1/jenkins.war
(sha256:b87ac2d3296149d5b28a40016f6394fb1246c6ae8ba18b50ce7b9458a9853992)

Thanks!
--
oliver

Baptiste Mathus

Aug 31, 2020, 9:18:26 AM8/31/20
to Jenkins Developers
Ramon Leon (thanks!) created a Jira after the fact to track a regression that got fixed in 2.251: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-63562
for this PR: https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/pull/4881

It's marked lts-candidate, but since just 2 hours since this is also when it got created: do you think it'd be eligible for backporting Oliver?

Thanks

Mark Waite

Sep 2, 2020, 8:40:41 PM9/2/20
to jenkinsci-dev
I've been running Jenkins 2.249.1-rc in my environment for several days.  It has not shown any operational failures.

I am concerned that there are several plugins that I use regularly which will need changes to adapt to the UI improvements in 2.249.1.
  • JENKINS-63556 - Pipeline stage view text was difficult to read in 2.235.x but has become much more difficult to read in Jenkins 2.249.1
  • JENKINS-63163 - Lockable resources summary table is unreadable as black on black
The swarm client plugin also needs a new release so that it includes remoting 4.5 (JENKINS-63557).  I expect that I'll find more items like that as I continue to explore.  I'll continue reporting issues in Jira as I detect them.  Others that are testing 2.249.1 should do the same.