Custom javascript for warnings-ng plugin extensions

Abramo Bagnara

Jul 13, 2020, 7:55:20 AM7/13/20
to Jenkins Developers

I'm writing a plugin that extends DetailTableModel to present issues for a specific tool in custom way.

Everything works as expected, but I have not yet found a way to add some javascript to extend the functionality of issue table.

What is the preferred way to do that?

Ullrich Hafner

Jul 13, 2020, 10:42:15 AM7/13/20
to Jenkins Developers

> I'm writing a plugin that extends DetailTableModel to present issues for a specific tool in custom way.
>
> Everything works as expected, but I have not yet found a way to add some javascript to extend the functionality of issue table.
>
> What is the preferred way to do that?

There is no extension possibility available right now. What exactly do you want to add? Maybe it is something useful for others as well?

Abramo Bagnara

Jul 13, 2020, 11:01:19 AM7/13/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Ullrich Hafner
Il 13/07/20 16:42, Ullrich Hafner ha scritto:
In general I think it is rather useful to add arbitrary javascript
functionality to issue pages from warnings-ng modules.

In my case I want to show some iframe popup showing details available in
an external server.

Of course I can use PageDecorator to load some javascript for *every*
page, but I'd have preferred to avoid such extreme measure.

--
Abramo Bagnara