Unmaintained -- New Relic Deployment Notifier Plugin

blueelvis

Sep 13, 2018, 4:54:09 PM9/13/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,

There is a plugin over here called which hasn't been maintained for a long time. I tried to contact the owner but didn't receive any response.

The plugin uses v1 API of New Relic which is now deprecated. The v2 API features support for New Lines and other stuff. What would be the process to take over this plugin or at least push out a patch?

I have a fork of mine for this plugin over here.

Thanks,
Pranav

R. Tyler Croy

Sep 14, 2018, 4:45:57 PM9/14/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
(replies inline)

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018, blueelvis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There is a plugin over here
> <https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/New+Relic+Deployment+Notifier+Plugin>called
> which hasn't been maintained for a long time. I tried to contact the owner
> but didn't receive any response.
>
> The plugin uses v1 API of New Relic which is now deprecated. The v2 API
> features support for New Lines and other stuff. What would be the process
> to take over this plugin or at least push out a patch?
>
> I have a fork of mine for this plugin over here
> <https://github.com/blueelvis/newrelic-deployment-notifier-plugin>.

The Adopt a Plugin process should help you get moving here:
https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Adopt+a+Plugin

signature.asc

pranav jituri

Sep 15, 2018, 3:33:21 PM9/15/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, hr....@gmail.com
Hey Tyler,

Thanks for that link. I have already gone through that post and hence reached out to the Dev mailing list. I have also included the original author in this mail as CC.

Github Id - blueelvis
Jenkins Infra Id - blueelvis

Kindly let me know if any other information is required for the procedure to start. I would like to request commit access/maintainer access to that plugin.

Thanks,
Pranav

pranav jituri

Sep 21, 2018, 12:57:57 PM9/21/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Could someone please reply on this one?

Thanks,
Pranav

blueelvis

Oct 8, 2018, 3:34:42 AM10/8/18
to Jenkins Developers
Anyone?

Mads Mohr Christensen

Oct 9, 2018, 6:55:38 AM10/9/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I missed this thread.

I'm the current maintainer and I will look into the current issues and pull requests as soon as possible.

pranav jituri

Oct 9, 2018, 4:44:10 PM10/9/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

I sent out an email out to you a couple of days ago but didn't get a response so opened a thread over here. Kindly do not merge the PR which sits in your repository. There is an issue with the object.

I have a fork over here which I updated with a couple of features -
  1. Uses the v2 API (Supports Newlines!) for recording deployments in New Relic
  2. Ensured that the plugin always respects the payload size in terms of string lengths.
  3. Added a capability so that the Changelog can be read directly from a File as well.

Thanks,
Pranav