New release of CppCheck Plugin Needed

Jack Zylkin

Jan 24, 2018, 9:35:06 AM1/24/18
to Jenkins Developers

An important bugfix was recently merged to the CppCheck plugin repo (JENKINS-42727). It allows multiple instances of CppCheck builds to run concurrently without blocking each other. Each of my CppCheck builds takes about 1 hr to run, and I am unable to run them in parallel because of this bug. This bug is causing a substantial bottleneck in my pipeline, so I would really like the fix to be incorporated into a release so I can deploy it.

The fix has already been merged into the project – someone just needs to make a new tagged release of this plugin. I have already contacted one of the admins for this plugin, who has said he does not work on it anymore. The other admin was not responsive.

How can I make a build of this plugin and release it myself?

If I am not able to do it myself, who should I approach about doing it?

Thanks.

Oleg Nenashev

Jan 26, 2018, 12:59:27 PM1/26/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Jack,

The best way would be to take ownership of the plugin if you are interested.

In order to grant you release permissions, we just need a confirmation from any of the current maintainers a pull request with a https://github.com/jenkins-infra/repository-permissions-updater/blob/master/permissions/plugin-cppcheck.yml modification. The latter option would be preferable. Once we have such authorization, we will be able to transfer ownership.

Hopefully it helps,
Oleg

Jack Zylkin

Feb 1, 2018, 10:09:19 AM2/1/18
to Jenkins Developers
I would not know what to do with ownership if I had it. I don't know how to build and release a version of a Jenkins plugin.  Can you point me to instructions?

Jack

Oleg Nenashev

Feb 2, 2018, 7:24:30 AM2/2/18
to Jenkins Developers