How/Where are XSDs for Jelly Tag Libraries generated?

Denys Digtiar

Jul 13, 2022, 8:10:44 PM7/13/22
to Jenkins Developers
While investigating Stack Overflow in the IntelliJ Stapler Plugin, I notice that at least the `jelly:stapler` tag library XSD is not complete https://github.com/jenkinsci/idea-stapler-plugin/issues/66

Does anybody know how/where these XSDs are generated?

I believe KK wrote a Maven plugin to generate these. If I remember correctly, when he was building this IntelliJ plugin locally, he just had a bash script to copy the XSDs from somewhere else into the plugin's resources directory. Now that this plugin is built with Gradle, I wonder how to get the latest XSDs on every build or during the release?

Another option is to forget about XSDs and just generate metadata on the fly from the Jelly TagLibrary and Tag classes. It is quite a bit of work, though. Not sure I can make time to do it.