Include html snippet into jelly view

Dzmitry Kashlach

Jul 17, 2017, 9:02:52 AM7/17/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,

Need to update view of plugin with html.

Try to do it with
<st:include "snippet.html">
but failed.

Which way is the best for this ?

Thanks.

Daniel Beck

Jul 17, 2017, 9:21:35 AM7/17/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 17. Jul 2017, at 15:02, Dzmitry Kashlach <dzmitry....@blazemeter.com> wrote:
>
> but failed.

It's generally a good idea to include the full error message when asking for help. In this case, it would probably tell you that your snippet isn't legal XML.

Try <j:include uri="something.html"/>; assuming the file is in the same dir. I only tried it in hpi:run though; so may fail properly deployed. It's not something I've done before (and cannot really think of a use case for either).

Dzmitry Kashlach

Jul 18, 2017, 4:36:11 AM7/18/17
to Jenkins Developers, m...@beckweb.net
It's generally a good idea to include the full error message when asking for help. In this case, it would probably tell you that your snippet isn't legal XML.

No error neither in jenkins.log nor at UI.
 Try <j:include uri="something.html"/>; assuming the file is in the same dir.  I only tried it in hpi:run though; so may fail properly deployed.  It's not something I've done before (and cannot really think of a use case for either).

It didn't help, but anyway thank you for answer.