LDAP Plugin STARTTLS support

GWarBand

Apr 5, 2017, 11:07:38 AM4/5/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,

I want to authenticate my user over openldap, but the LDAP Plugin only allow ldap or ldaps.
My problem is that my openldap server only allow connections over secure ldap (ldap with starttls)
I have already changed the code an tried to complie but I failed hard :D

Is there any futher planning for adding this feature to the plugin? (The plugin active directory already support starttls)

Thanks,
Tobias

GWarBand

Apr 6, 2017, 9:12:05 AM4/6/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,

I have solved the problem by recompile acegi-security-1.0.7 with starttls support.
I have also recompile the ldap plugin with starttls support.

This is only a workaround but works fine for me, maybe in future there is an officiell plugin for this.

Joseph P

Apr 6, 2017, 11:40:09 AM4/6/17
to Jenkins Developers
Seems to be a old issue never resolved: