Warning about null display name when running Jenkins via - mvn hip:run

steadyonabix

Sep 12, 2018, 4:48:55 AM9/12/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi

Anyone else seeing this warning when running via mvn hip:run

 Sep 11, 2018 3:20:44 PM hudson.ExtensionComponent compareTo
WARNING: null
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: hudson.model.Messages.ExternalJob_DisplayName()Ljava/lang/String;
at hudson.model.ExternalJob$DescriptorImpl.getDisplayName(ExternalJob.java:132)
at hudson.ExtensionComponent.compareTo(ExtensionComponent.java:97)
at hudson.ExtensionComponent.compareTo(ExtensionComponent.java:42)

this is reported as soon as I load the dashboard in a browser...

I'd like to know if this is me or a known issue, as I'm in the middle of refactoring a plugin and need to know if I've broken something.

Daniel Beck

Sep 12, 2018, 4:56:36 AM9/12/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
This was fixed in external-monitor-job 1.4 in 2014.

Start by updating your dependencies and making sure they're consistent. Pretty sure the other issue is related to that as well.

Bradley Atkins

Sep 12, 2018, 11:55:18 AM9/12/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
ok thanks

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/76DA4F7C-5F59-484F-BBFB-A0C039508872%40beckweb.net.