Re: aws-sqs-plugin contributions

Max Kovgan

Nov 19, 2017, 8:00:28 AM11/19/17
to Nicholas Grealy, jenkin...@googlegroups.com
hi, Nicholas.
please respond to my pull request.
I would like to get them merged, can you please assist?
Is there any problem with the pull request?

We have 3 patches on the way, 1 b/w compatible and 2 are adding breaking changes.
2 are ready, and 1 is being currently developed.

P.S.

hi, List.
Please give me "the keys for the helicopter" :) I promise to fly it responsibly.
my github handle is mvk

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 9:31 AM, Max Kovgan <m...@opsguru.io> wrote:
hi, Nick.
How are you?
We're adding some updated functionality, mainly to update the above plugin with newer jenkins security. by "We" I mean my group (opsguru), we're doing consulting related to dev processes/tooling and develop stuff on the way. I'm calling it "group", but we're about to incorporate into company, which takes some time. So in the meanwhile - "coop"/"group", etc.

jenkins jira epic here:

I'm not sure you're actively maintaining the jenkinsci org's fork of the plugin.
I forked off it.

This is basically a check on communication pipeline :

Please respond - either in jira or here, about WDYT.
I know there is a "parallel" plugin maintained by CloudBees, but it's using SQS + SNS as mandatory,
I am interested in this one b/c it doesn't require SNS, which is my use case.

Good day,
cheers.

--
Max Kovgan

--
Max Kovgan

Oleg Nenashev

Nov 20, 2017, 2:17:03 AM11/20/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Max,

Usually we give the plugin maintainer 2 weeks to respond before transfering ownership.
Nick seems to be more or less active on GitHub, so let's wait for his response.

If there is no response, please ping me in this thread on Dec 01.

We have 3 patches on the way, 1 b/w compatible and 2 are adding breaking changes.

Honestly I would like to see pull requests for breaking changes before transferring ownership.

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev

Nicholas Grealy

Nov 20, 2017, 7:28:42 PM11/20/17
to Max Kovgan, jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Max,

I've been on holiday. Thanks for your pull requests, I'll review and get back to you.

Kind regards,

Nick

Nicholas Grealy

Nov 20, 2017, 7:55:39 PM11/20/17