Github Branch Source with large number of repositories

Cuong Tran

Mar 7, 2018, 11:24:57 PM3/7/18
to Jenkins Developers
How do folks manage a large number of repositories in a single organization when you use the Github Branch Source to automatically create jobs?

Joseph P

Mar 7, 2018, 11:34:09 PM3/7/18
to Jenkins Developers
Take a look at https://ci.jenkins.io they categorize repos into meaningful groups for instance Plugins folder contains all repos with the name *-plugin in the repo name.

Cuong Tran

Mar 8, 2018, 1:28:37 AM3/8/18
to Jenkins Developers
Joseph,

Thanks for pointing me to that instance.  Without admin access, I can only guess that these grouping are manually defined.  I'm looking for a more dynamic way to group them (for example, using github topic) without relying on the naming pattern alone.

Joseph P

Mar 8, 2018, 2:14:05 AM3/8/18
to Jenkins Developers
You might be able to write an SCM trait extension plugin to understand repository topics filtering, however, I think you would need to send a Pull Request to the Github Branch Source plugin to have the topics data available from the API wrapper :)