Do plugins need security settings?

Joe Fair

May 30, 2018, 3:59:48 PM5/30/18
to Jenkins Developers
I'm working on a Rancher build agent plugin where the agents use JNLP.

When I enable RBAC it doesn't work, but if I allow anonymous access it does.

I think the communication is getting fouled up between the rancher agent and the server, but why would it work if we allow anon access?

Thx,
Joe

Joe Fair

Jun 1, 2018, 9:38:16 AM6/1/18
to Jenkins Developers
More directly, does a plugin need a security role to add or remove jobs from the job queue?

Jesse Glick

Jun 1, 2018, 10:17:43 AM6/1/18
to Jenkins Dev
On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 3:59 PM, Joe Fair <j...@fairanswers.com> wrote:
> I think the communication is getting fouled up between the rancher agent and
> the server, but why would it work if we allow anon access?

Because you did something wrong. With no details or source code link,
it is pretty much impossible to help you, beyond pointing to the
generic

https://jenkins.io/doc/developer/security/