Jenkins with Spring issue

Ritesh Ranjan

Jul 18, 2017, 9:17:40 AM7/18/17
to Jenkins Developers

Hi folks,

We are using jenkins (2.60.1) version and it contains spring libraries of version 2.X.X.

Now, we are trying to build our jenkins plugin which internally uses Spring 4.0.2 RELEASE and uses AOP heavily.

The problem we are facing is that upon triggering the plugin, it reports an error saying :- "AnnotationAwareAspectJAutoProxyCreator is only available on Java 1.5 and higher" , even though my version is 1.8.

Looks like it is using old spring libraries which jenkins has packaged instead of my spring libraries . How do we get around this problem and make jenkins use our spring libraries? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks