Jenkins Terminology Poll for ‘master’

Mark Waite

Jul 21, 2020, 3:19:28 PM7/21/20
to Jenkins Developers

The Jenkins terminology poll for the “master” term replacement is open at https://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/results.pl?id=E_1bd92a17371a1ca5 . We would appreciate your votes! If you are interested to participate, please submit your choice by July 29, 14:00 PM UTC.

Context: As decided at the Jun 17, 2020 Governance meeting, we plan to replace the “master” term which is currently used to describe the Jenkins application with its web user interface and distribution of work to agents. The Jenkins board has identified 8 potential options, and we would like to understand preferences of the Jenkins community members before choosing a final option. Refer to the Jenkins Developers mailing list thread for more information.

Thanks,
Mark Waite

Jeff Thompson

Jul 21, 2020, 3:26:03 PM7/21/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Is this the right link? I'm seeing results but not how to participate.

Jeff

Mark Waite

Jul 21, 2020, 3:42:13 PM7/21/20
to jenkinsci-dev
Well, that's sad.  I pasted a results link instead of a voting link.

Mark Waite

Mark Waite

Jul 21, 2020, 3:47:24 PM7/21/20
to jenkinsci-dev
Sorry that I provided the "results" link instead of the "vote" link.