Events Officer Role

Alyssa Tong

Oct 2, 2020, 2:13:52 PM10/2/20
to Jenkins Dev

Hi All,

As I've been Events Officer for quite some time now, I would like to step down from this role at the end of my tenure on 3 December 2020. I feel giving others a chance to fulfill this role will bring new insights and creativity.

I will continue to contribute to the Jenkins project by ways of participation in the Advocacy and Outreach SIG, drive the Jenkins is the Way initiative, assist the new Events Officer in the transition and in events related activities.

Thank you,
alyssa

Marky Jackson

Oct 2, 2020, 2:24:10 PM10/2/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for everything you have done in this role and beyond. You are an amazing person and am I am so thankful for you.

Alyssa Tong

Oct 2, 2020, 3:27:27 PM10/2/20
to Jenkins Dev
Thank you Marky ☺

Mark Waite

Oct 2, 2020, 4:40:57 PM10/2/20
to jenkinsci-dev
Thanks so much for your work as events officer and your continuing efforts to promote Jenkins!

Alyssa Tong

Oct 2, 2020, 5:41:12 PM10/2/20
to Jenkins Dev
Am happy to work with great people with a great cause  :)

Oleg Nenashev

Oct 5, 2020, 8:49:32 AM10/5/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Alyssa,

Indeed it has been a VERY long term. On behalf of the Jenkins board and the community, I would like to thank you for all contributions you've made during your tenure! Your efforts in organizing and coordinating the community evens/conferences have been essential to the Jenkins project's and the community's well-being and future. Jenkins World, FOSDEM, Scale, JAMs and other events... All of them have been essential to promote the project, and to attract new users and contributors. There have been a lot of other community events and outreach programs organized over the past years. Thank you!

Looking forward to continue working with you in Advocacy&Outreach! Whomever will be the next Events officer (nominations are welcome!), your contributions will be much appreciated!

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev

P.S: Hopefully we will be able to maintain the current trend and to make the events organization/logistics more and more distributed effort within the SIG. With it and with consolidating some events on the CDF level, we have an opportunity to make the events less time demanding, and to start gradually switching the officer role from "just" events to outreach in general. A lot to be done on this front. Thanks to Alyssa, we have already handed over some tedious administration tasks to CDF.

Alyssa Tong

Oct 5, 2020, 12:20:26 PM10/5/20
to Jenkins Dev

Olblak

Oct 6, 2020, 4:26:44 AM10/6/20
to Jenkins Developers ML
That was a pleasure to work with you on Jenkins area meetups, Fosdem organization, and many other stuff.
You did an amazing work to shape what Jenkins is today so thank you for energy.

Alyssa Tong

Oct 6, 2020, 12:06:21 PM10/6/20
to Jenkins Dev
thank you 'Olblak' ☺

Romén Rodríguez-Gil

Oct 13, 2020, 8:24:11 AM10/13/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Alyssa for all the great work you have been doing!! :)

Alyssa Tong

Oct 13, 2020, 1:32:15 PM10/13/20
to Jenkins Dev

Victor Martinez

Oct 19, 2020, 4:47:51 AM10/19/20
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks Alyssa for all these years of hard work for the Jenkins community!! <3

Alyssa Tong

Oct 19, 2020, 4:03:09 PM10/19/20
to Jenkins Dev
thank you so much Victor :)