String Validation Plugin maintenance

Meggyesi, Zalán

Jul 17, 2017, 1:12:40 AM7/17/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

I found this plugin (repo: https://github.com/jenkinsci/validating-string-parameter-plugin), and I wanted to use it, but it had no compatibility with Pipelines. I implemented this capacity, and now I'd need someone to accept my PR to update the plugin.

Is this plugin still being maintained (I see there haven't been any commits for quite some time), or was it abandoned, and I should keep using the compiled version of my modifications?

Best Regards,

Zalan Meggyesi
Chief Support Engineer
Skawa Innovation Kft.

Oleg Nenashev

Jul 19, 2017, 2:39:48 AM7/19/17
to Jenkins Developers, Vincent Latombe, Vincent Latombe, slide...@gmail.com
Seems the affective maintainer is Vincent Latombe. Added him and Alex Earl to Cc.

BR, Oleg

Miguelangel Fernandez

Jan 2, 2018, 10:02:43 AM1/2/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi everyone,

I created a PR a couple of days ago on this plugin, to allow markup descriptions to be displayed. The automatic checks that ran failed because of of some TransferFailedException. I've no idea what this is about, but it's not because of the changes I'm proposing with this PR. Does failing this mean that my PR won't be merged?