[Adopt a plugin] AWS Cloudformation Plugin

Robert Burden

Jul 28, 2017, 4:28:35 PM7/28/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,

I would like to be made maintainer of the AWS Cloud formation Plugin.

As per the instructions (https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Adopt+a+Plugin) I have reached out to the current maintainer (Nathan Good) and he said he is ok with it (See attached email).

My Jenkins ID and my GitHub id are both: Burden50

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Regards,

Robert Burden, BIT, MSc
Senior Software Engineer SaaS | Acquia, Inc.

56 The Esplanade, Suite 401,
Toronto, ON, M5E 1A7
Canada

On Jul 27, 2017, at 2:57 AM, Nathan Good <> wrote:

Robert:

Thank you very much for your email. I would be very excited and relieved for you to take over maintenance of the plugin. I took over maintenance in good faith but then had a job change which made it not possible for me to continue. I really appreciate your interest and would be happy to relinquish maintenance to you.

Best regards,

--Nathan

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 7:40 PM Robert Burden <> wrote:
Hi Nathan,

I would like to take over maintenance of the Jenkins Cloud formation plugin

Following the Jenkins Adoption guidelines (https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Adopt+a+Plugin) I’m reaching out to you because you are listed as the current maintainer.

Please let me know if you are ok with this as it will make the transition easier.

Regards,

Robert Burden, BIT, MSc
Senior Software Engineer SaaS | Acquia, Inc.

56 The Esplanade, Suite 401,
Toronto, ON, M5E 1A7
Canada

Daniel Beck

Jul 28, 2017, 5:29:17 PM7/28/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 28. Jul 2017, at 22:25, Robert Burden <burd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I would like to be made maintainer of the AWS Cloud formation Plugin.
>
> As per the instructions (https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Adopt+a+Plugin) I have reached out to the current maintainer (Nathan Good) and he said he is ok with it (See attached email).
>
> My Jenkins ID and my GitHub id are both: Burden50
>
> Please let me know if you require any further information.

I made you a committer (possibly pending invitation to the jenkinsci org) and the default assignee in Jira.

Welcome aboard!

Remember to remove the adopt-this-plugin label from the wiki page if you haven't already.

If you're planning major refactorings, consider opening a PR and pinging @jenkinsci/code-reviewers to get some assistance.

las...@laszlo.cloud

Nov 15, 2017, 3:49:45 AM11/15/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hey folks,

how did this pan out?

As far as I see it's still Nathan that's the official maintainer on the wiki.

Eventually I can also help maintaining this plugin.

Best regards,
Laszlo

ssum...@trek10.com

Jun 25, 2018, 10:25:13 AM6/25/18
to Jenkins Developers

I'm confused as to the status of this plugin.

If there's no objection, I would like to be made maintainer of the AWS Cloudformation Plugin.

Owen B. Mehegan

Jun 26, 2018, 8:18:58 PM6/26/18
to Jenkins Developers
There have been no releases and no PRs closed since 2016, so it looks like prior efforts to take over maintaining fizzled out, FWIW.

ssum...@trek10.com

Jun 27, 2018, 11:57:03 AM6/27/18
to Jenkins Developers

Agreed. Doesn't look like there's hope to change this. Baptiste Mathus has replied to me that he's never been involved in this plugin either.