SSHD module to plugin

kuisathaverat

Feb 12, 2021, 7:06:00 AM2/12/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a bunch of PRs ready to move forward for a few months, these PRs are to convert the SSHD Module to a plugin and after that bump the Apache Minda sshd library.
We are using a really old Apache Minda sshd that is a security risk and move the SSHD module outside of the core could help to have simpler Jenkins instances without services you do not need/want.
Thus I would like to make progress and close stuff to start new things related to that in the SSH Build Agents plugin. How we can manage this?

Update the Apache Minda sshd library

--
BR
Iván Fernández Calvo

Oleg Nenashev

Feb 13, 2021, 9:49:17 AM2/13/21
to Jenkins Developers
We should definitely update the library and detach it, rather sooner than later. Otherwise the next CVE in Apache Mina may make our life very fun.
Since we had a new LTS cutoff recently, it is a good timing for such change.

Some notes about Apache Mina update to 2.x:
I definitely support a two-stage update when the first plugin version uses old Apache Mina.

Best regards,
Oleg