Knowledge Transfer session: Windows Service Wrapper (May 14, noon UTC)

Oleg Nenashev

May 13, 2020, 6:10:47 AM5/13/20
to JenkinsCI Developers, jenkinsci-gsoc-all-public, Jenkins Platform SIG
Hi all,

Tomorrow we will be doing a knowledge transfer session about Windows Service Wrapper internals. The session will be recorded, but feel free to join it live if you are interested in this component. Calendar link

Jenkins project uses Windows Service Wrapper (WinSW) to install Jenkins masters and agents as services on Windows. This year we have a GSoC project targeting better configuration management with YAML,and better configuration validation.So we will be doing a code dive into this component.

Agenda:
  • How does Jenkins use Windows services?
  • How is Windows Service Wrapper organized internally?  (.NET, C#)
  • How could we improve WinSW configuration implementation?
Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev

Oleg Nenashev

May 14, 2020, 4:29:56 PM5/14/20