Scheduled maintenance window April 15th - April 17th

R. Tyler Croy

Apr 15, 2016, 11:16:37 AM4/15/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, jenkins...@googlegroups.com, in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org, jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Howdy folks, starting today I am migrating services from various hosts this
weekend. The services that are primarily going to be affected are:

* ci.jenkins-ci.org
* mirrors.jenkins-ci.org
* LDAP

Plus some other minor services, but frankly I believe that nobody will notice
those going down for a few minutes :P

I apologize for the late notice, but will work to reduce service interruptions
as much as I possibly can. Given my current cadence, I don't expect service
interruptions today (April 15), but more over the weekend.

I will update this thread as the work progresses, if you wish to have more
real-time updates please visit #jenkins-infra on Freenode.

Cheers
- R. Tyler Croy

Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>

% gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 3F51E16F
signature.asc

R. Tyler Croy

Apr 18, 2016, 12:18:47 AM4/18/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, jenkins...@googlegroups.com, in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org, jenkins...@googlegroups.com
(replies inline)

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016, R. Tyler Croy wrote:

> Howdy folks, starting today I am migrating services from various hosts this
> weekend. The services that are primarily going to be affected are:
>
> * ci.jenkins-ci.org
> * mirrors.jenkins-ci.org
> * LDAP

With a *lot* of effort between Kohsuke and myself (with some help from
nibalizer, danielbeck and bwalding) we've migrated a few key services. Most
notably ldap which is online at its new home. Our mirror infrastructure is also
migrated and I will be performing the final cut-over in the morning.

Unfortunately we've run out of weekend time for the migration of
ci.jenkins-ci.org, which is going to expand into Monday. Aside from builds
not running, this means that update center generation is on-hold until the new
hosts are properly online.

I apologize for the inconvenience and trust that I'm working as fast as my
fingers and machine I/O will let me to get the service migration finished.
signature.asc

Kanstantsin Shautsou

Apr 18, 2016, 6:56:45 AM4/18/16
to Jenkins Developers, jenkins...@googlegroups.com, in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org, jenkins...@googlegroups.com
So you started migration on Friday? ;-))

Irfan Sayed

Apr 20, 2016, 2:13:11 AM4/20/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, jenkins...@googlegroups.com, in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org, jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Is this done ?
Please let me know as i was waiting for updates to be happen on the wiki pages.

Regards

R. Tyler Croy

Apr 20, 2016, 2:41:29 PM4/20/16

On Wed, 20 Apr 2016, Irfan Sayed wrote:

> Hello,
> Is this done ?
> Please let me know as i was waiting for updates to be happen on the wiki
> pages.

Sorry for the delayed response, I was finding a lot of gremlins in our previous
update center generation process.

As of this morning, the update center is being updated and has been properly
migrated to a new host.

With the migration to newer infrastructure, the generation time has dropped
dramatically so I've updated the frequency that the data is generated. Now
every 30 minutes we should be generating fresh update-center.json files.
(Unfortunately updates may still take some time to propagate to secondary
mirrors.)

I'll be sending more infra updates out soon
signature.asc

Irfan Sayed

Apr 21, 2016, 12:56:39 AM4/21/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update. will wait for all updates to happen. :)

Regards