How to maintain a plugin which is not up for adoption

Ximo Guanter

Jun 1, 2018, 7:33:15 AM6/1/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, artem....@gmail.com

Hello!

I'm trying to use a jenkins plugin (https://plugins.jenkins.io/github-pr-coverage-status) but it is not working because it has very old dependencies. I have opened a PR to update those dependencies (https://github.com/jenkinsci/github-pr-coverage-status-plugin/pull/55) but I can't get ahold of the listed maintainer (in CC). He hasn't done any commits in GitHub for the past 2 months and he hasn't replied to an email I sent.

I was told in the #jenkins channel in IRC that I should request being added as a maintainer in this mailing list. Both my GitHub ID and my Jenkins infrastructure account id are “edrevo”.

Thanks,

Ximo.

Oleg Nenashev

Jun 1, 2018, 8:30:04 AM6/1/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Ximo,

This email thread is a good start.
Usually we transfer plugin ownership after 2 weeks without a response from maintainer(s) in such thread.
If Artem responds here and approves transfer, it can be done immediately after the response.

Best regards,
Oleg

Ximo Guanter

Jun 19, 2018, 7:42:43 AM6/19/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Oleg,

18 days have gone by. Can I be added as a maintainer?

Ximo