Table-to-div: how to build a layout in table-form

Roland Asmann

Mar 21, 2021, 11:11:04 AM3/21/21
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

I created issue 65109 because of an incompatibility with the table-to-div update. Now, since several of my users really need this plugin and I don't want to run my jenkins on 2.263.4 forever (am still there with an instance on 2.46.3!), I figured I might try fixing it myself.
Simply changing all table-related tags, made the plugin work, however there is a part in the plugin where a table-layout simply just makes sense. I can't however figure out how to get this part to render as a table.
Can anybody give me hint on how to layout a table using divs? Or maybe somehow create a block around that table that is just rendered as-is?

Thanks.

Tim Jacomb

Mar 21, 2021, 11:36:22 AM3/21/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Could you be more specific on what looks better with a table?

Table is fine for displaying data but it shouldn’t be used for layout of a form

Generally things look fine if you change them to the standard controls rather than just trying to make it look the same.

Otherwise you can use css to lay it out how you want, bootstrap classes are available for a grid layout

Thanks
Tim

Roland Asmann

Mar 21, 2021, 12:29:27 PM3/21/21
to Jenkins Developers
Just look at the screenshot. These are 2 tables that imho just make sense to be rendered as such.

Screenshot_2021-03-21 JMETER Config [Jenkins].png

Seeing it is not my plugin, I don't want to completely redesign the layout -- that would be up to the actual devs. But I just feel that this layout just makes sense.

I'll take a look at the bootstrap classes, thanks.

Roland