Adoption of the priority sorter jenkins plugin.

Frank Ittermann (https://github.com/fr123k)

Oct 1, 2020, 10:11:41 AM10/1/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,

i am a huge fan of jenkins and needed the priority sorter plugin to work with JCasC plugin.

Therefore i updated the plugin to work with JCasC and open a PR to push this change.
Then i realize that this plugin is up for adoption so i like to adopt it as well.

username: fr123k fr123k - Overview

jenkins account: fr123k

Best regards

Frank Ittermann

Oleg Nenashev

Oct 1, 2020, 10:47:27 AM10/1/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Frank,

Thanks a lot for your interest! As a former "maintainer" of this plugin (I was rather reviewing and integrating pull requests), I would be happy to see if somebody takes ownership of the plugin.
I will do my best to help with the reviews of the current pull request, and I am +1 for starting the ownership transition.

Best regards,
Oleg

Frank Ittermann (https://github.com/fr123k)

Oct 9, 2020, 4:29:48 AM10/9/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Oleg,

Regarding the Github pull request https://github.com/jenkinsci/priority-sorter-plugin/pull/50 is there anything
left todo ?

Best regards,
Frank

Oleg Nenashev

Oct 9, 2020, 9:55:55 AM10/9/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,

The permissions have been granted. I have submitted a PR review with comments. It looks like we will need Priority Sorter 3.0 to cleanup the old codebase. I am +1 for that.

Best regards,
Oleg

bhi...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2020, 2:04:59 AM10/11/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hey Frank, It's great to see someone wanting to own this plugin. Not sure if you checked jira first --  this plugin basically doesn't work with most modern jenkins setups. (Pipeline compatibility being the key thing which doesn't work, as nearly everyone is using pipeline jobs now)  Does your PR fix any of the existing issues?

thanks!

-Ben