Coding Questions: (GSoC) Artifact Promotion Plugin for Pipeline

prastik Gyawali

Jun 3, 2019, 2:46:28 AM6/3/19
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all!
I am currently working on detaching the required modules/extensions from the promoted-builds-plugin for a new plugin as proposed.
However, I have the following questions:
1) I assume that the entire promotion process starts from PromotionCondition abstract class and the flow goes like:
     PromotionCondition -> PromotionProcess -> Actual Conditions(Manual,Self...) -> PromotionProcess.....
     After listing all the conditions in the DescribableList how do we actually match the input parameter for promotion to the exact class(eg: if user wants manual promotion, how does the         plugin send the build/other information to the exact class(self,manual.java.....) for further processing?  )
I found the getPromotionCondition method to be close. But this method is not called anywhere in the conditions.?
  public PromotionCondition getPromotionCondition(String promotionClassName) {
        for (PromotionCondition condition : conditions) {
            if (condition.getClass().getName().equals(promotionClassName)) {
                return condition;
            }
        }

        return null;
    }

2) Also if the flow is incorrect please help rectify it. And after the respective promotion modules are called is:
public Future<Promotion> considerPromotion2

used for the final promotion.

Thank You!!

Reference Links : link-1 , link-2 , link-3