Plugin hosting request. codeclimate plugin.

Surya Gaddipati

Nov 26, 2015, 10:04:07 PM11/26/15
to Jenkins Developers

repo: https://github.com/suryagaddipati/codeclimate-plugin
github username: suryagaddipati

Thank you.

Christopher Orr

Nov 27, 2015, 6:50:12 PM11/27/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Please make sure you complete all the steps and provide all the
information listed in the "Prerequisites" and "Request hosting" sections
here:

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Hosting+Plugins#HostingPlugins-Prerequisites

Regards,
Chris

Baptiste Mathus

Nov 28, 2015, 2:22:33 AM11/28/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

… IIUC this happened again. That plugin seems to have just been released. From the original repo, not from a forked one.

Same for DotCi btw.

And both don't have a wiki page, hence link onto https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Plugin+Documentation+Missing meaning they should disappear from the update center soon.

Oleg Nenashev

Dec 2, 2015, 4:30:27 PM12/2/15
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Surya,

Any plans to fix the issues?

Surya Gaddipati

Dec 2, 2015, 6:41:25 PM12/2/15
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Oleg,

Yes. I should be able to fix these issues by tomorrow.
Still need to get back into post holiday swing of things

Surya Gaddipati

Dec 12, 2015, 5:56:17 PM12/12/15
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Christopher,

I went through those steps and   I've added the missing license file .

Please let me know if I am missing anything else.

Surya

Surya Gaddipati

Dec 12, 2015, 5:58:27 PM12/12/15
to Jenkins Developers
Bapitise,

Adding a wiki page is after "request hosting"

Also, I added wiki page for DotCi on nov 23,15

Surya

Christopher Orr

Dec 13, 2015, 7:00:14 AM12/13/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

You need to follow *all* of the "Prerequisites" and "Request hosting"
steps:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Hosting+Plugins#HostingPlugins-Prerequisites

In particular:

* Give your plugin a sensible ID which does not include "jenkins" or
"plugin"

Your plugin ID is "codeclimate-plugin"; you need to fix this.

It probably doesn't matter too much, but the groupId and Java package
names are also a bit odd.

* Your jenkins-ci.org username

You haven't provided this.

* A description of what the plugin does

You haven't provided this, though it is at least fairly obvious (even if
the link in the GitHub README is a 404).

Regards,
Chris

Surya Gaddipati

Dec 13, 2015, 2:13:29 PM12/13/15
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,
Thanks for your input again.

  • changed the artifact id to remove 'plugin'. ( although i find it a little weird that now github project name and artifactid don't match, but whatever)
  • jenkins ci username: surya548 . Curious about this new requirement, why is this needed ?
  • Fixed 404 on readme page, looks like codeclimate removed that page.
  • Added more description and screenshots  to readme.

Surya

Surya Gaddipati

Dec 13, 2015, 2:14:58 PM12/13/15
to Jenkins Developers
Derp , ignore my previous question about userid requirement

    • This gives you access to upload your plugin, document your plugin on this wiki, and track issues in JIRA

Daniel Beck

Jan 3, 2016, 9:46:52 PM1/3/16
to Jenkins Developers, suryap...@gmail.com
Hi Surya,

My apologies for losing track of this request! FWIW we've since moved to Jira for new hosting requests to get rid of the problem with forgotten threads on this list once they're 'below the fold'.

Please let us know if you're still interested in getting this forked, and we'll set you up.

Daniel

Surya Gaddipati

Jan 5, 2016, 1:13:08 PM1/5/16
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Daniel,

Yes definitely.  I think codeclimate is great.

Surya

Daniel Beck

Jan 5, 2016, 1:25:19 PM1/5/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

On 05.01.2016, at 19:13, Surya Gaddipati <suryap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Yes definitely. I think codeclimate is great.
>
> Surya

Forked to https://github.com/jenkinsci/codeclimate-plugin

Also created a corresponding JIRA component for the plugin, lead by you.

Surya Gaddipati

Jan 5, 2016, 1:29:06 PM1/5/16
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks Daniel.