Request for hosting: CPWR-PDS-download

cpwr_jenkins

Dec 10, 2015, 10:04:02 AM12/10/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Git Repository: https://github.com/Compuware-Corp/CPWR-PDS-download

Github Usernames: chadseippel, compharry, derek-rea, JerryWeis, jgoering41,
kturetzky, pfhdzg0, RonVorndam, sallenCPWR, samjoe9999

Jenkins-CI Username: cpwr_jenkins

The Compuware Topaz Plugin allows Jenkins users to download PDS members from
the mainframe to the PC. Source can then be accessed on the PC, for example,
for SonarQube analysis and reporting.

Christopher Orr

Dec 10, 2015, 5:46:58 PM12/10/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

On 10/12/15 15:46, cpwr_jenkins wrote:
> Git Repository: https://github.com/Compuware-Corp/CPWR-PDS-download
>
> Github Usernames: chadseippel, compharry, derek-rea, JerryWeis, jgoering41,
> kturetzky, pfhdzg0, RonVorndam, sallenCPWR, samjoe9999
>
> Jenkins-CI Username: cpwr_jenkins

> The Compuware Topaz Plugin allows Jenkins users to download PDS members from
> the mainframe to the PC. Source can then be accessed on the PC, for example,
> for SonarQube analysis and reporting.

I don't really know what that means :) But your two plugins seem ok,
except for the artifact IDs, which need to be a bit more descriptive.

"scm.endevor" should really be something like
"compuware-endevor-download"; similarly "compuware-pds-download" for the
other.

Do you really need 10 people to have direct write access to the repos,
or can most of those people live with using pull requests? Either way
should be fine, though one is obviously more effort for us ;)

Regards,
Chris

cpwr_jenkins

Dec 10, 2015, 5:54:59 PM12/10/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello! We will change the artifacts IDs so they are more descriptive, thanks!

We would prefer to have everyone with direct access, but if it's too much
trouble then we can manage with having just a few users with direct access
and using pull requests. The users chadseippel, pfhdzg0 and samjoe9999
should be fine.

Thanks!

cpwr_jenkins

Dec 14, 2015, 10:01:48 AM12/14/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
We have changed the artifacts to compuware-pds-download and
compuware-endevor-download. Please let us know if there is any more issues!

Andrew Bayer

Dec 14, 2015, 10:25:02 AM12/14/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Out of curiosity, would it make more sense to combine these into one compuware-download plugin rather than splitting it into two plugins? It seems like it'd make things a bit simpler for users.

A.

Christopher Orr

Dec 15, 2015, 6:41:35 PM12/15/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, chad.s...@compuware.com
Good question. CC'd Chad, who emailed me asking about the status here.

If it doesn't make sense to combine them, I think the plugins seem ready
to fork.

-Chris

cpwr_jenkins

Dec 16, 2015, 7:58:37 AM12/16/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the replies. Right now it doesn't make sense to combine them. When
you guys are ready to fork, please let us know!

cpwr_jenkins

Dec 22, 2015, 11:54:22 AM12/22/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

What's the status on the plugins? Are they good to be forked?

Andrew Bayer

Dec 22, 2015, 11:58:00 AM12/22/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Why doesn't it make sense to combine them? A quick glance at the source suggests they're really, really, really similar.

A.

cpwr_jenkins

Dec 23, 2015, 7:30:18 AM12/23/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

Per my Product Manager:

While our plugins today are very similar we will be enhancing them to
provide additional specific functionality for their representative source
code management systems. These are unique platforms with different
syntax/requirements.

cpwr_jenkins

Dec 23, 2015, 12:13:01 PM12/23/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
After discussing it with the other developers, we decided to combine the two
plugins into one.

We will submit a new hosting request when it's done. Thanks for the input
guys.

Daniel Beck

Dec 23, 2015, 5:29:06 PM12/23/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for letting us know.

Please note that future hosting requests will be handled through JIRA.

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Hosting+Plugins#HostingPlugins-Requesthosting