Request to join organization

fjfer...@cloudbees.com

Dec 27, 2018, 6:14:13 AM12/27/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

I am Francisco Javier Fernández González, currently engineer at CloudBees. During the last year I've been collaborating with some work of the community, becoming co-maintainer of the Jenkinsfile-runner project with Oleg Nenashev and Evaristo Gutiérrez, and maintainer of Folders plugin. I would like to continue collaborating in the maintenance of Jenkins and its ecosystem of plugins, and in terms of easing my collaborations and reviews, I would like to become a member of the organization getting the merge permissions for the core. Would it be possible?

Just in case you're interested in knowing more from me:

Best Regards!

Baptiste Mathus

Jan 2, 2019, 11:51:39 AM1/2/19
to Jenkins Developers
+1 from me.

Jeff Thompson

Jan 3, 2019, 2:03:02 PM1/3/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
+1 from me.

Fran does good work and granting him the permissions will help get more productive stuff done in Jenkins.

Jeff Thompson

Daniel Beck

Jan 14, 2019, 9:20:04 AM1/14/19
to Jenkins Developers
I discussed this request with Fran out of band, and asked about some common issues causing problems in core maintenance, like ensuring new API is deliberate or @Restricted, or the need to keep binary (and to a lesser extent source) compatibility. With his background in preparing CloudBees product releases and ensuring tests run successfully (many of his past contributions) he's very familiar with the latter. The former should just be automated, but while we don't have that, I'll make sure he understands the requirements to not accidentally introduce new APIs.

I am in support of this request.