Jenkins 2.176.3 LTS RC testing started

Oliver Gondža

Aug 1, 2019, 11:05:00 AM8/1/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Latest LTS RC was made public and it is ready to be tested. Final
release is scheduled for 2019-08-28.

Please, report your findings in this thread.

Download bits from
http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/war-stable-rc/2.176.3/jenkins.war

Thanks!
--
oliver

Daniel Beck

Aug 8, 2019, 2:15:29 PM8/8/19
to Jenkins Developers
How firm are we with this super early RC?

JENKINS-58548 is a regression introduced in the recent security fixes, so affect LTS too. A fix went into this weekly and would have more than a week of testing. It seems to be a pretty minor issue, but then the fix is also straightforward.

Oleg Nenashev

Aug 11, 2019, 2:12:06 AM8/11/19
to Jenkins Developers
Are we impacted by the ci.jenkins.io status?
The instance has been really unstable sine last Monday, and I am not sure we can successfully execute the common RC testing Pipelines there.
Oliver, IIUC you also run it on your internal instances, right?

BR, Oleg

On Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 8:15:29 PM UTC+2, Daniel Beck wrote:
How firm are we with this super early RC?

JENKINS-58548 is a regression introduced in the recent security fixes, so affect LTS too. A fix went into this weekly and would have more than a week of testing. It seems to be a pretty minor issue, but then the fix is also straightforward.

> On 1. Aug 2019, at 17:04, Oliver Gondža <ogo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> Latest LTS RC was made public and it is ready to be tested. Final release is scheduled for 2019-08-28.
>
> Please, report your findings in this thread.
>
> Download bits from http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/war-stable-rc/2.176.3/jenkins.war
>
> Thanks!
> --
> oliver

Oliver Gondža

Aug 13, 2019, 8:49:13 AM8/13/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
On 11/08/2019 08.12, Oleg Nenashev wrote:
> Are we impacted by the ci.jenkins.io status?
> The instance has been really unstable sine last Monday, and I am not
> sure we can successfully execute the common RC testing Pipelines there.
> Oliver, IIUC you also run it on your internal instances, right?

Yes, we do cross run this in multiple environments not be surprised this
way.

--
oliver

Oliver Gondža

Aug 13, 2019, 8:59:05 AM8/13/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
On 08/08/2019 20.15, Daniel Beck wrote:
> How firm are we with this super early RC?
>
> JENKINS-58548 is a regression introduced in the recent security fixes, so affect LTS too. A fix went into this weekly and would have more than a week of testing. It seems to be a pretty minor issue, but then the fix is also straightforward.

I agree this is trivial enough to backport this late.

--
oliver

ogondza

Aug 15, 2019, 6:28:40 AM8/15/19