SSH connection problem

lino....@katzion.com

Sep 9, 2018, 8:43:48 PM9/9/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,

I am trying to integrate Assembla and Jenkins but I am getting this error when I try to create a new job

Failed to connect to repository : Command "git.exe ls-remote -h g...@git.assembla.com:lino/lino-first-space.git HEAD" returned status code 128:
stdout:
stderr: Load key "C:\\Windows\\TEMP\\ssh2281918007624712811.key": invalid format
g...@git.assembla.com: Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).

and the repository exists.

I have generated SSH Key in windows and added to both Assembla and Jenkins

Any idea why?

Thank you!

Lino

Mark Waite

Sep 9, 2018, 8:49:10 PM9/9/18
to Jenkins Developers
On Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 6:43:48 PM UTC-6, lino....@katzion.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to integrate Assembla and Jenkins but I am getting this error when I try to create a new job

Command line git does not recognize the format of the private key you provided.

Be sure you use the private key, not the public key.

I regularly test the git plugin authenticating with ssh to assembla.

This should be handled on the user's list rather than the dev list.

Mark Waite

lino....@katzion.com

Sep 10, 2018, 1:59:21 AM9/10/18
to Jenkins Developers
It works now.

I should be using the private key in Jenkins instead of the public now.

Thank you Mark!