stack trace in configure system (docker, plugin development)

Ewelina Wilkosz

Nov 10, 2017, 12:14:06 PM11/10/17
to Jenkins Developers
I'm working on dockerizing Configuration as Code plugin, which means I create a docker image, based on jenkins:2.60.3, I build the plugin and I install it in a Dockerfile: https://github.com/jenkinsci/configuration-as-code-plugin/blob/praqma/dev/Dockerfile

It seems to be working, but I get stack trace in Configure System:
org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyTagException: jar:file:/var/jenkins_home/war/WEB-INF/lib/jenkins-core-2.60.3.jar!/jenkins/model/Jenkins/configure.jelly:59:84: <st:include> org.kohsuke.stapler.ScriptLoadException: org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyException: Could not parse Jelly script : jar:file:/var/jenkins_home/plugins/configuration-as-code/WEB-INF/lib/configuration-as-code.jar!/org/jenkinsci/plugins/casc/ConfigurationAsCode/index.jelly
	at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.handleException(TagScript.java:726)
	at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:281)
	at org.kohsuke.stapler.jelly.CallTagLibScript$1.run(CallTagLibScript.java:99)
	at org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.define.InvokeBodyTag.doTag(InvokeBodyTag.java:91)
(...)
So I attached to docker container and checked /var/jenkins_home/plugins/configuration-as-code/WEB-INF/lib/configuration-as-code.jar!/org/jenkinsci/plugins/casc/ConfigurationAsCode/index.jelly, and in it I can see:

<<<<<<< HEAD

    <h4 id="${c.extensionpoint.simpleName}-${c.name}">${c.name}</h4>

    <j:if test="${c.extensionpoint != c.target}">

      Implementation of ${c.extensionpoint.simpleName}

=======

      Implementation of <a href="https://jenkins.io/doc/developer/extensions/${c.extensionSource}/#${c.extensionPoint.simpleName.toLowerCase()}">${c.extensionPoint.simpleName}</a>

And I don't understand where it comes from... Complete newbie here. Anyone willing to help with troubleshooting?

Daniel Beck

Nov 10, 2017, 12:27:17 PM11/10/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 10. Nov 2017, at 17:12, Ewelina Wilkosz <ewel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> And I don't understand where it comes from... Complete newbie here. Anyone willing to help with troubleshooting?

Judging from your Dockerfile, I expect that to already be in the file at https://github.com/jenkinsci/configuration-as-code-plugin/blob/praqma/dev/Dockerfile#L28 -- probably a bad merge in your local workspace. Check there.

Mark Waite

Nov 10, 2017, 12:27:29 PM11/10/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
That looks like a failed "git merge".  No idea of the source of that failed merge, but those markers are used by git when it can't resolve a merge of a historical file into the current file.

Mark Waite

Ewelina Wilkosz

Nov 10, 2017, 2:06:43 PM11/10/17
to Jenkins Developers
right, it does look like a git merge, the thing is, I can't see any conflicts in my repo
so it's just me not understanding how docker build works, I guess I will have to dig more into the issue

Ewelina Wilkosz

Nov 10, 2017, 2:32:52 PM11/10/17
to Jenkins Developers
ok, when I build locally I do not get stack trace, something is messed up in my Jenkins job or agent :)

Ewelina Wilkosz

Nov 10, 2017, 3:18:59 PM11/10/17
to Jenkins Developers
wow, I forgot 'checkout scm' step :D it was using the old workspace from previous version of Jenkinsfile, that was the source of conflict I guess
thanks guys for pointing me the workspace as the source of problem, solved!