Jenkins 2.121.1 LTS RC testing started

Oliver Gondža

May 31, 2018, 4:41:16 AM5/31/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Latest LTS RC was made public and it is ready to be tested. Release is
scheduled for 2018-06-06.

Report your findings in this thread.

Download bits from
http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/war-stable-rc/2.121.1/jenkins.war

Thanks
--
oliver

Jesse Glick

May 31, 2018, 1:41:31 PM5/31/18
to Jenkins Dev
On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 4:41 AM, Oliver Gondža <ogo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/war-stable-rc/2.121.1/jenkins.war

I suppose I should have suggested this earlier, but: since we have
JEP-305 in this LTS line, you should be able to

git checkout stable-2.121
mvn incrementals:reincrementalify
git commit -a -m 'Reincrementalified.'
git push

and then wait for automatic Incrementals deployment from

https://ci.jenkins.io/job/Core/job/jenkins/job/stable-2.121/

(assuming that build gets fixed!) so that the WAR would not be
`2.121.1-SNAPSHOT` but rather `2.121.1-rcNNNNN.XXXXXXXXXXXX`. In fact
there would be no need to upload anything to mirrors; just point
people interested in testing to the `*.war` link in Artifactory.

Jesse Glick

May 31, 2018, 1:48:42 PM5/31/18
to Jenkins Dev
Oh and you need to replace

<tag>HEAD</tag>

with

<tag>${scmTag}</tag>

This would have been easier had you started with

https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/commit/e1132fd4ed106499fbc6eb307fff4573ca22f20d

rather than

https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/commit/9bc3aa68b196fbf9c676541793f4b59f663c4af8

I guess I will just file a PR against the branch to fix things up,
easier than trying to explain.

Oliver Gondža

Jun 1, 2018, 2:23:06 AM6/1/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
That sounds great. Note both operations[1,2] are in SCM now so it would
be best fixed there once and for all future releases. Please let me know
if there is something I can do.

[1]
https://github.com/jenkins-infra/backend-commit-history-parser/blob/master/bin/init-lts-line
[2]