Do we need to use the Jenkins jira?

Gavin Mogan

Sep 17, 2016, 12:02:38 AM9/17/16
to Jenkins Developers
I know we are supposed to use the Jenkins org in github, but are we required to use the the main jira?

We have issues all over the place and trying to figure out our options.

Christopher Orr

Sep 17, 2016, 9:36:50 PM9/17/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

On 16 Sep 2016, at 21:02, Gavin Mogan <ga...@gavinmogan.com> wrote:
I know we are supposed to use the Jenkins org in github, but are we required to use the the main jira?

We have issues all over the place and trying to figure out our options.

Yes, the Jenkins JIRA is the preferred place for filing bugs and feature requests.

Plugin repos should have GitHub issues disabled by default, and the majority do, though some maintainers do seem to accept issues via GitHub.

Regards,
Chris

Michael Neale

Sep 21, 2016, 2:37:15 AM9/21/16
to Jenkins Developers
Given that part of deploying a plugin to update center will result in a "component" being created in JIRA for people to open tickets against, it means that people will always be able to open tickets in JIRA.

So while some use github issues, there is a risk that things may be in 2 places, creating a little more work for maintainers in theory.