Jenkins Hacksgiving 2015!

R. Tyler Croy

Nov 6, 2015, 11:53:36 AM11/6/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, jenkin...@googlegroups.com, eve...@lists.jenkins-ci.org, slide...@gmail.com
More info here: <https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Hacksgiving+2015>

Slide-o-mix and I have been hashing out this idea to host a virtual
hackathon/un-conference event before Thanksgiving. Since lots of places have
gaps in schedules around Thanksgiving, the Monday/Tuesday the week of tend to
be pretty sparse. A perfect time to start contributing to the Jenkins project!

If you've never hacked on a Jenkins plugin, or want to learn more about hacking
on Jenkins, we're planning a couple of workshops to help introduce you to the
process and APIs.

If you're interested in hosting a short workshop (e.g. "Hacking your first
plugin") let us know so we can schedule it and get the word out!

Before the event I'll send out the Google Hangouts link and all that jazz

Cheers
- R. Tyler Croy

Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>

% gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 3F51E16F
signature.asc

Victor Martinez

Nov 6, 2015, 12:55:49 PM11/6/15
to Jenkins Users, jenkin...@googlegroups.com, eve...@lists.jenkins-ci.org, slide...@gmail.com
I do like that idea!! I'll ask in our first JAM in Barcelona if someone is interested.

Alyssa Tong

Nov 6, 2015, 1:46:16 PM11/6/15
to Jenkins Dev, Jenkins Users, eve...@lists.jenkins-ci.org, slide...@gmail.com
+1. I think this is an excellent opportunity for all JAM organizers to push out (post) on their meetup page and see who is interested. This can be turned into a meetup meeting w/ drinks and food + hands on training.

@ Tyler - perhaps send me the agenda/abstract, hangout info and i'll push it out to our organizers. I'll need this as soon as possible so we can get the word out there.

thnx
alyssa