Re: How to call a groovy function from a Jenkinsfile?

Christopher Orr

Mar 14, 2017, 6:27:33 PM3/14/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 14 Mar 2017, at 20:17, Idan Adar wrote:
> (Cross-posting my question from Stack Overflow:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42790966/how-to-call-a-groovy-function-from-a-jenkinsfile)

You *really* need to pare down your question to the minimum required to
reproduce the problem.

Between here and Stack Overflow, you have conflicting information about
what's in deployer.groovy. On SO, the file apparently continues, yet
here it just ends after the method definition — but neither end with
`return this` as required:
https://github.com/jenkinsci/pipeline-plugin/blob/master/TUTORIAL.md#triggering-manual-loading
(linked from the docs of the Pipeline Remote Loader plugin you're using)

You say that the problem was *not* with loading the file (so presumably
most of the Jenkinsfile could have been omitted) — yet your stacktrace
suggests that the file failed to load, supposedly when you commented out
a line … in the file that fails to load?

Such a question is very unwieldy, and makes it harder for people to
answer. Please reproduce the problem in a bare-minimum Pipeline and
update your question on SO.

Regards,
Chris

Daniel Beck

Mar 14, 2017, 6:38:23 PM3/14/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 14.03.2017, at 23:27, Christopher Orr <ch...@orr.me.uk> wrote:
>
> Such a question is very unwieldy, and makes it harder for people to
> answer. Please reproduce the problem in a bare-minimum Pipeline and
> update your question on SO.

On top of all that, it's been posted to the wrong mailing list.

Christopher Orr

Mar 14, 2017, 6:40:55 PM3/14/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Gaaaaahh… (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻