Request for plugin ownership - SLOCCount Plugin

Иво Маринков

Oct 24, 2017, 2:35:43 PM10/24/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, jie...@gmail.com, s.so...@gmail.com, mixal...@users.sf.net
Hello,

I've been trying to get some changes into the SLOCCount Plugin (https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/SLOCCount+Plugin).
I was told the plugin was looking for a maintainer so new releases could be pushed.

I'd like to request to become a maintainer.

My GitHub ID is ivaivalous and my jenkins.io username is imarinkov.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Regards,
Ivo

Oleg Nenashev

Oct 24, 2017, 6:25:32 PM10/24/17
to Jenkins Developers
+1 from me. It seems the plugin does not have active maintainers now.
@Jesse, Seiji, Michal. It would be great if you could confirm the ownership transfer.

Thanks in advance,
Oleg

Daniel Beck

Nov 2, 2017, 11:01:58 AM11/2/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, jie...@gmail.com, s.so...@gmail.com, mixal...@users.sf.net

> On 24. Oct 2017, at 20:34, Иво Маринков <m...@ivo.qa> wrote:
>
> I've been trying to get some changes into the SLOCCount Plugin (https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/SLOCCount+Plugin).
> I was told the plugin was looking for a maintainer

Could you provide a reference for this? While recently inactive, the plugin is not marked as up for adoption.

> I'd like to request to become a maintainer.
>
> My GitHub ID is ivaivalous and my jenkins.io username is imarinkov.

I think you can file the PR to get permission in https://github.com/jenkins-infra/repository-permissions-updater/ ; we'll ping the previous maintainers there to give them another opportunity to respond, if none do, we can make you maintainer there. if any of them approve, all the better.

Daniel

Ivaïlo Marinkov

Nov 3, 2017, 4:54:25 AM11/3/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Daniel,

> Could you provide a reference for this? While recently inactive, the plugin is not marked as up for adoption.

Yes, I saw it was not marked up for adoption. My request originates from a discussion with Oleg we had on this pull request.

I'll create a PR as you suggested.

Regards,
Ivo

Ivaïlo Marinkov

Nov 8, 2017, 5:55:09 AM11/8/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi again,

The pull request I created at Daniel's request has been approved and merged after the original maintainer, Michal, said he was OK with the plugin having a new maintainer.

What are the next steps needed before I am able to merge changes on the plugin?

Regards,
Ivo

Daniel Beck

Nov 8, 2017, 6:03:20 AM11/8/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 8. Nov 2017, at 11:55, Ivaïlo Marinkov <m...@ivo.qa> wrote:
>
> The pull request I created at Daniel's request has been approved and merged after the original maintainer, Michal, said he was OK with the plugin having a new maintainer.
>
> What are the next steps needed before I am able to merge changes on the plugin?

Telling someone you still needed those ;-)

Done!