Request for approval to use the name Jenkins User Conference China

Forest Jing

Sep 22, 2017, 12:17:44 PM9/22/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I am Forest Jing. My company Huayou Tech is the organizer of Jenkins Area Meetup and DevOpsDays in China. We are also running the biggest DevOps community in China which covers more than 100K members.

We build a Jenkins user group of 300 members in China including Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou and it is growing quickly. The JAM Beijing was held successfully and there are more than 100 attendees in the first meeting. They were very excited about the topics and the opportunity to share their experience about Jenkins and DevOps with other people.

Since the growing Jenkins users in China are desperate to communicate with others and get in touch with the most advanced practice in Jenkins community. We would like to organize a one-day Jenkins User Conference in Shanghai, China on 19th Nov. The event will be called "Jenkins User Conference China". We are confident we can host 400-500 Jenkins users for this event. We will bring in speakers from top Chinese companies like Alibaba, Huawei, and others to share how they are using Jenkins in their companies.

I am requesting approval to use the name "Jenkins User Conference China". I will put this request on 27th September project meeting for a decision. In the mean time, if there are questions, concerns please let me know via email so I may address them prior to the meeting.

Thank you,
Forest

Oleg Nenashev

Sep 25, 2017, 11:06:59 AM9/25/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,

The request looks good to me.

We still use "Jenkins User Conference" in Israel, so this name is still valid in the community. OTOH the recent conferences in Scandinavia, Japan, France rather started using "Day of Jenkins" or "Jenkins Something Day" patterns. It wold be great to align naming of such 1-day conferences with community presence, but it's something out of the scope of this request. I will probably propose it as Informational JEP once the process is ready.

Best regards,
Oleg