Is there any way a plugin can save some data between builds?

Daniel Anechitoaie

May 29, 2018, 5:26:31 AM5/29/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,

I have a plugin that zips some files and uploads them somewhere and I'd like to skip the upload process if the files haven't changed.
So I'm thinking in just making a SHA1 hash of the ZIP file and if it's the same as in previous build then skip the upload part and just finish the build.

Is there any API/or way that a plugin can save same data for each build (in my case the sha1 hash) that can then be retrieved from next build?

Thank you.

Jesse Glick

May 29, 2018, 12:30:11 PM5/29/18
to Jenkins Dev
On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 5:26 AM, Daniel Anechitoaie
<danie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any API/or way that a plugin can save same data for each build (in
> my case the sha1 hash) that can then be retrieved from next build?

http://javadoc.jenkins.io/hudson/model/Run.html#addAction-hudson.model.Action-

Daniel Anechitoaie

May 29, 2018, 3:16:57 PM5/29/18
to Jenkins Developers
Awesome. Seems to be exactly what I need.
Thank you.