Jenkins Pipeline job to support 'withMaven' step

artiom...@whitesourcesoftware.com

Sep 24, 2017, 8:33:19 AM9/24/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,
I'm trying to integrate a Pipeline job, while using 'withMaven' step - means I have a pom.xml file in that specific workspace.
This run is represented in the code as 'Workflow Run', and not as 'MavenModuleSetBuild' - which makes it difficult to go over the pom.xml file, and collect it's (transitive) dependencies.
My question is - is it possible to resolve somehow the pom.xml transitive dependencies, in a similar way to a MavenModuleSetBuild (Maven job) run?

Thanks in advance!

Cyrille Le Clerc

Sep 25, 2017, 7:14:38 AM9/25/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,

I guess you are referring to the code of the jenkins whitesource plugin and referring to MavenOssInfoExtractor.java.

The withMaven plugin works quite differently from the MavenJob type, the way to list the dependencies is different and the documentation for plugins authors is not written (because the APIs are not finalized).

Would you have a moment for an hangout session so that I can walk you through the withMaven plugin architecture?

Cyrille Le Clerc

Sep 25, 2017, 10:50:23 AM9/25/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi, If you are available around 10PST tomorrow, we could try to make this conversation public during the https://www.meetup.com/Jenkins-online-meetup/events/243555567/ .

Cyrille

artiom...@whitesourcesoftware.com

Sep 30, 2017, 3:55:25 AM9/30/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Cyrille,
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, I wasn't able to answer due to holidays we had last week.
I was indeed talking about the MavenOssInfoExtractor.java class, and I would be more than happy to have a conversation about this issue and architecture.

Let me know if you have the time.

Thank you again!

Cyrille Le Clerc

Oct 3, 2017, 3:44:08 AM10/3/17