[Adopt a plugin] S3Plugin

Gergely Brautigam

Jul 24, 2017, 7:22:19 AM7/24/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Folks.

So, first things first. I don't have an account on Jenkins JIRA yet. I'm going to create one if adopting the plugin is feasible.

I have 13+ years of Java experience, HOWEVER, 0.1 years of experience writing / building Jenkins Plugins. :)

Thus, might I take over the plugin? It needs some serious love and attention and merging of PRs and addressing of Issues a lot. :)

Cheers,
Gergely.

Oleg Nenashev

Jul 24, 2017, 8:15:52 AM7/24/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Gergely,

From what I see the plugin is being maintained by Alexander Akbashev. It is not marked for adoption. I have pinged alexander, so hopefully he will check this thread to let you sync-up on the next steps. Apart from the plugin ownership sode, having more contributors is always useful.

BR, Oleg

Gergely Brautigam

Jul 24, 2017, 1:02:26 PM7/24/17
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks very much Oleg!

Jimilian

Jul 24, 2017, 3:33:24 PM7/24/17
to Jenkins Developers
I'm alive! :)

So, feel free to contact me via mail or PRs :)
I totally agree that S3 Plugin needs much more love (at least from testability perspective), but nevertheless any good PRs are welcome!

p.s. There are tons of plugins that are looking for good hands as well, i.e. xUnit Plugin.

Br, Alex

On Monday, 24 July 2017 19:02:26 UTC+2, Gergely Brautigam wrote:
Thanks very much Oleg!

Gergely Brautigam

Jul 26, 2017, 12:56:39 AM7/26/17
to Jenkins Developers

On Monday, 24 July 2017 21:33:24 UTC+2, Jimilian wrote:
I'm alive! :)

Yaaay! :)

So, feel free to contact me via mail or PRs :)

So.... Like. There are a TON of PRs waiting to be merged in, or I don't understand how these plugins work with Jenkins. :) There are 12 PRS which do good stuff to the plugin, like increasing version of AWS and fixing bugs, and handling redirects. So what else do you need to merge them?

Like above. To which repository? This one: https://github.com/jenkinsci/s3-plugin