How to bundle third-party libraries to jenkins artifactory repository?

Rajeev Ranjan

Feb 11, 2019, 2:10:50 PM2/11/19
to Jenkins Developers
Hi devs,
I have a custom jar, which I want to share across multiple projects. For jenkins plugins to use that I need to upload it to jenkins artifactory if not in maven central repository as mentioned in the doc. How can I achieve that?

Daniel Beck

Feb 11, 2019, 3:16:47 PM2/11/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 11. Feb 2019, at 20:01, Rajeev Ranjan <rajeevr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For jenkins plugins to use that I need to upload it to jenkins artifactory if not in maven central repository as mentioned in the doc. How can I achieve that?

If you can't publish it to central and just reuse from your plugin, and assuming the Jenkins plugin using it is hosted in Jenkins project infra, request hosting just like for a plugin, and explain it's a library.

If you have multiple plugins using the same library, consider creating a 'library plugin' -- essentially a (typically otherwise empty) plugin that just has the library dependency. That way you won't end up with multiple different versions of the library on the same Jenkins instance.