Why did get Multi-Branch Project Plugin deprecated

Oliver Gondža

Sep 12, 2017, 8:26:55 AM9/12/17
to mjdet...@gmail.com, jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Matthew, can you please elaborate on why did the plugin get deprecated?
I am not able to find any reasoning, just the deprecation release...

Thanks!
--
oliver

Matthew DeTullio

Sep 12, 2017, 11:19:03 AM9/12/17
to Oliver Gondža, Jenkins Developers
There were several stability issues related to the core design of the plugin.  It didn't make for a good user experience.

In addition, Pipeline is now a core part of the user experience.  It covers the cases I needed when I originally created the Multi-Branch Project Plugin.  It has developer support from CloudBees and right now I don't have time to support the plugin.

Overall I thought it would be better for users to migrate their jobs to Pipeline than to continue development on the plugin or to offer it up for adoption.