Selecting Delegates for the first wave of JEPs

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Dec 5, 2017, 3:01:08 AM12/5/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Time to select Delegate for the first wave of JEPs!

JEP-200 is in the area of remoting, which has been primarily maintained by Oleg for years now. As such, I think it makes the natural sense that he continues to act as Delegate in this space. I think JEP-200 is a great change that eliminates not just one vulnerability but a whole class of vulnerability, which is something we'd like to see more of.

JEP-201 is the mission statement for the new configuration-as-code project. As the person who filed JENKINS-31094 and did a few prototypes in this space, I'm really really excited about this. I think this is a much awaited feature by many Jenkins admins, so hats off to Nicolas and Ewelina for pushing this forward. As this is the new area we are opening up, I will be the reviewer of JEP-201 myself. Once it gets accepted, my intention is to have future JEPs in this area presided by Ewelina.
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Ewelina Wilkosz

Dec 5, 2017, 4:13:07 AM12/5/17
to Jenkins Developers
I won't object :)

R. Tyler Croy

Dec 5, 2017, 12:27:16 PM12/5/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
(replies inline)

On Tue, 05 Dec 2017, Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

> Time to select Delegate
> <https://github.com/jenkinsci/jep/tree/master/jep/1#bdfl-delegate> for the
> first wave of JEPs!

wunderbar

- R. Tyler Croy

Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>
xmpp: rty...@jabber.org

% gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 1426C7DC3F51E16F
signature.asc

Joseph P

Dec 6, 2017, 2:12:31 AM12/6/17
to Jenkins Developers
Nicolas and Ewelina, please keep up the good work. Looking forward to it 😊

Oleg Nenashev

Dec 11, 2017, 9:48:18 AM12/11/17
to Jenkins Developers
As JEP delegates we do not have strict review SLAs IIRC.
In the case of Remoting it may take a while to find time for a review.

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Dec 15, 2017, 6:26:23 PM12/15/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I'm moving to accept JEP-201. From what I can tell, everyone involved in this area are happy to see this move forward. I've heard from Ewelina and Nicolas that when they showed it to people they got great reaction.

As I wrote before, I'm really excited to see this happen.
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi