Is there a way to add my own project to the jenkinsci github organization?

Artem Salimov

Nov 13, 2020, 5:20:08 PM11/13/20
to Jenkins Developers
I recently developed a useful tool (at least for my small team)
which helps us to conveniently run any Jobs from the Command line.
and I would like to add this project to the https://github.com/jenkinsci organization
I wonder is there any chance of doing this?

Thanks in advance. I apologize for my strangeness

Kind regards,
Artem Salimov

Rick

Nov 13, 2020, 7:41:22 PM11/13/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Jenkins Developers
Hi Artem,

Good to see your project. I think you did a good thing. Start a thread in current channel is a good way to talk about it.

Beside, I also have a project which has the same purpose with yours. I was wondering you maybe can take look at it. Even you can help me to maintain it as well. I already did the contribution over two years. Hope to hear your ideas.

Gavin Mogan

Nov 16, 2020, 3:35:33 AM11/16/20
to Jenkins Developers
So officially any project in the jenkinsci org should be going through a HOSTING jira request. When its not a plugin its a little less but all repos should have a ticket. Especially since the approval bot stuff creates a jira component and a github team.

As for the actual request, I'm +1 to having something in the org that is being maintained. Lots of people have made stuff over the years, often curl scripts, often hidden deep inside companies, so i'd love to see more cli tools for people to use and build upon.

Gavin

Artem Salimov

Nov 16, 2020, 5:01:31 AM11/16/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hey Xiaojie!

Wonderful to see your first pull request and certainly, your good project. I hope I will have some time to research jenkins-zh/jenkins-cli. I really appreciate it.
Thank You very much!

Kind regards,
Artem Salimov

суббота, 14 ноября 2020 г. в 02:41:22 UTC+2, Xiaojie Zhao:

Artem Salimov

Nov 16, 2020, 5:18:43 AM11/16/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hello Gavin,

Your advice helped me a lot.
Thank you kindly

понедельник, 16 ноября 2020 г. в 10:35:33 UTC+2, ga...@gavinmogan.com:

Rick

Nov 16, 2020, 7:17:09 AM11/16/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Artem,

I also can learn a lot from your project. I would be great if we can work together.