Scheduled infrastructure maintenance window June 3 00:00 UTC

R. Tyler Croy

Jun 1, 2016, 5:43:54 PM6/1/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, jenkins...@googlegroups.com, in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org

Consider this notice that there will be a scheduled maintenance window June 3rd
00:00 UTC or June 2nd 16:00 PDT for project infrastructure.

The work is tracked in this ticket
(https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/INFRA-731) and should last between 1-2
hours.

Please bear with any service interruptions during this time :)

Cheers
- R. Tyler Croy

Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>

% gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 3F51E16F
signature.asc

R. Tyler Croy

Jun 2, 2016, 7:12:02 PM6/2/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org, jenkins...@googlegroups.com
(replies inline)

On Wed, 01 Jun 2016, R. Tyler Croy wrote:

> Consider this notice that there will be a scheduled maintenance window June 3rd
> 00:00 UTC or June 2nd 16:00 PDT for project infrastructure.
>
> The work is tracked in this ticket
> (https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/INFRA-731) and should last between 1-2
> hours.

This work is beginning, some services may be periodically on/off-line for the
next couple hours.
signature.asc

R. Tyler Croy

Jun 2, 2016, 9:06:21 PM6/2/16

On Thu, 02 Jun 2016, R. Tyler Croy wrote:

> (replies inline)
>
> On Wed, 01 Jun 2016, R. Tyler Croy wrote:
>

> > Consider this notice that there will be a scheduled maintenance window June 3rd
> > 00:00 UTC or June 2nd 16:00 PDT for project infrastructure.
> >
> > The work is tracked in this ticket
> > (https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/INFRA-731) and should last between 1-2
> > hours.
>

> This work is beginning, some services may be periodically on/off-line for the
> next couple hours.

Work is still on-going. I have had to punt the JIRA upgrade until next week
unfortunately, and am slowly working my way through the various security
updates in our various datacenters >_<
signature.asc

R. Tyler Croy

Jun 2, 2016, 9:35:25 PM6/2/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org, jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Any we're done, closing out INFRA-731
(https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/INFRA-731)

Tune in next week for when we, hopefully, roll out that JIRA 7 upgrade.
signature.asc

Joe Hansche

Jun 7, 2016, 11:15:52 AM6/7/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org, jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Did anything about this change the way JIRA login is authenticated?  I've tried my usual username and password, and it reports that it's wrong.  When I try to reset my password, I am not receiving the email.  The reset password page also states that you can enter the email address associated with your account, and neither of my 2 email addresses worked -- but if I try to create a new account with my usual user id, it says it's already taken (as it should, because it's me)

I log in so rarely that I don't know the last time that it worked.

The account I'm trying to log in as is Joe Hansche, meant to be the assignee on https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-35429.  I received the email notification for that new issue, but I am unable to log in to comment on it.

R. Tyler Croy

Jun 7, 2016, 1:35:34 PM6/7/16
to Joe Hansche, jenkin...@googlegroups.com, in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
(replies inline)

On Tue, 07 Jun 2016, Joe Hansche wrote:

> Did anything about this change the way JIRA login is authenticated? I've
> tried my usual username and password, and it reports that it's wrong. When
> I try to reset my password, I am not receiving the email. The reset
> password page also states that you can enter the email address associated
> with your account, and neither of my 2 email addresses worked -- but if I
> try to create a new account with my usual user id, it says it's already
> taken (as it should, because it's me)
>
> I log in so rarely that I don't know the last time that it worked.
>
> The account I'm trying to log in as is Joe Hansche, meant to be the
> assignee on https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-35429. I received
> the email notification for that new issue, but I am unable to log in to
> comment on it.

What likely happened is that your account password was reset
(https://jenkins.io/blog/2016/04/22/possible-infra-compromise/) a couple months
ago and was never properly reset.

Based on your account information, it looks like your notification email in
JIRA is not the same as your account's email in https://accounts.jenkins.io

If the notification email in JIRA is the correct one, I can update accounts app
for you and initiate a new password reset.
signature.asc

Joe Hansche

Jun 7, 2016, 2:53:10 PM6/7/16
to R. Tyler Croy, jenkin...@googlegroups.com, in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
Ah, yes, I don't recall receiving anything about that.

It's possible that the two emails are different because my company rebranded to a new name, but that was in 2012. If it's still using the old email address, it should instead be the JIRA notification email -- as I am receiving those notifications properly.

Please do update that to point to the meetme address, and initiate the password reset.

Thanks!