Jenkins Governance Meeting, Nov 18, 2020

Oleg Nenashev

Nov 18, 2020, 12:10:33 PM11/18/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

In 1 hour we will have a regular Jenkins Governance Meeting (starts at 6PM UTC). Everyone is welcome to join us and to participate in the discussion. Meeting link: https://zoom.us/j/91564716663?pwd=R3A2RDFGcU1wTVdoVTErYm1jNzVWdz09

Draft agenda:
  • News!
  • Jenkins elections status update
  • LTS schedule update
  • Google Summer of Code 2021
  • Jenkins K8s Operator updates
If you would like to add more topics, please suggest changes here.

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev

Oleg Nenashev

Nov 18, 2020, 1:15:13 PM11/18/20
to Jenkins Developers
The meeting did not happen, because it was only me on the call. I kindly ask board members and officers to reject the meeting invitations in their calendars if they do not plan to attend. The timing for these meeting is quite bad for me, and it puts pressure on my family obligations. If I know that nobody plans to join in advance, I won't be staying in the office for a few extra hours, and spend them with my family instead. Thanks for understanding.

Olblak

Nov 19, 2020, 3:14:19 AM11/19/20
to Jenkins Developers ML
Hi  Oleg,

I am sorry to hear about that, that time is definitely really bad for me as well.

Oleg Nenashev

Nov 19, 2020, 3:18:01 AM11/19/20
to JenkinsCI Developers
As discussed a few months ago, we will revise the meeting time once the 2020 elections are over
Since we have candidates from APAC, the meeting approach may require significant changes, not just choosing the least worst timeslot for everyone

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/d6468cf2-40c4-47b5-94a1-24f1e1e42b74%40www.fastmail.com.

Tim Jacomb

Nov 19, 2020, 3:37:27 AM11/19/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
The time also means I cant attend, so +1 for reviewing another time

Slide

Nov 19, 2020, 7:00:33 AM11/19/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oleg,

First, my sincere apologies for not being at the meeting and making you stay at the office away from your family. Family is super important to me and that time is very important and I am sorry I didn't respond to let you know that I wouldn't be at the meeting. After the recent daylight saving time change, I have a work meeting conflict every week now. I have updated my availability for the rest of the meetings that I will not be able to attend.

Regards,

Alex

Oleg Nenashev

Nov 29, 2020, 3:53:39 PM11/29/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone for the follow-ups. Based on the conversation, I suggest to do two things:
  • Start the governance meeting threads early, at least with a 24hrs advance. In this thread I can put explicit reminder for people to RSVP to the governance meeting, just by adding their name to the agenda Google Doc. It should be better than Google Calendar where recurrent meeting participation responses are often confusing. I will adopt this process for the meetings I host, so we can see whether it works.
  • Start the Doodle for the new Jenkins Governance Meeting time. I will prepare the draft for the meeting on Wednesday so that we can review the suggested slots. Floating time can be also an option, especially if we consider doing a periodic APAC-friendly meeting.
Best regards,
Oleg

Marky Jackson

Nov 29, 2020, 4:06:00 PM11/29/20