Jenkins Governance Meeting on Jan 13, 2020

Oleg Nenashev

Jan 12, 2021, 5:02:17 PM1/12/21
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

On Jan 13 we will have a regular Jenkins Governance meeting. It will happen at 6PM UTC in Zoom (time to finally start the new poll). There are only a few agenda items at the moment, please feel free suggest your agenda items.
  • News/Updates
  • Follow-up: expectations from the Jenkins governance
  • Defining governance priorities for 2021
For the governance priorities, I suggest to discuss Jenkins contributor onboarding, strengthening Jenkins security, and community events / outreach programs. If there are other topics.

Best regards,
Oleg

Marky Jackson

Jan 12, 2021, 5:13:07 PM1/12/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
+1 to the list of topics and I have none to add.

signature.asc

Gavin Mogan

Jan 12, 2021, 5:19:44 PM1/12/21
to Jenkins Developers
I have nothing to add. I'm just happy finally making my first one as a board member

Oleg Nenashev

Jan 14, 2021, 2:36:59 PM1/14/21
to Jenkins Developers
The recording is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRM4NblgGZ4We discussed the recent news, upcoming events, and key priorities for 2021: contributor onboarding, security, etc..

Specific focus of the meeting was on defining the key goals for 2021. At the meeting we discussed the following ones:
  • Contributor onboarding: attracting individual and company contributors, promoting Jenkins, outreach programs, etc., etc.
  • Hardening Jenkins security: growing security awareness among contributors, expanding developer tooling, getting more contributors in the Security Team, etc.
  • Keep SIGs and sub-projects running
  • Consolidating communication channels
  • Continue terminology cleanup
This is far from being a final list. If anyone wants to add topics for the agenda, please comment in the thread.
The idea is to keep expanding and refining this list and to have a more-or-less final version by the next contributor summit (pending discussion/planning)

Best regards,
Oleg