How to get notification on me plugin issues?

Martin Weber

Nov 26, 2017, 11:11:06 AM11/26/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

is it possible to make issues.jenkins-ci.org automatically send email-
notification to a/the plugin maintainer, if a new issue arrives?

Cheers,
Martin

--
E-Mails sollten Text sein, Text und nur Text.
Wenn Gott gewollt hätte, dass E-Mails in HTML geschrieben würden,

Daniel Beck

Nov 26, 2017, 11:18:25 AM11/26/17
to Jenkins Developers

> On 26. Nov 2017, at 17:10, Martin Weber <enten...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> is it possible to make issues.jenkins-ci.org automatically send email-
> notification to a/the plugin maintainer, if a new issue arrives?

Maintainers are typically the default assignee for their plugin, and you should get emails for new issues assigned to you. That should take care of 90% of issues created, with few exceptions (basically when multiple components are assigned and someone else is the default, or manually overridden assignee by the issue creator).

Beyond that, you can subscribe to a saved search -- have it be something like 'project = JENKINS and component = my-plugin and createdDate > -1d' and you should get a daily list of issues filed in the last day.

Martin Weber

Nov 26, 2017, 12:01:58 PM11/26/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Am Sonntag, 26. November 2017, 17:18:14 CET schrieb Daniel Beck:
> > On 26. Nov 2017, at 17:10, Martin Weber <enten...@gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > is it possible to make issues.jenkins-ci.org automatically send email-
> > notification to a/the plugin maintainer, if a new issue arrives?
>
> Maintainers are typically the default assignee for their plugin, and you
> should get emails for new issues assigned to you. That should take care of

Looks like I am NOT assigned by default. Could this be caused by discrepancies
between the pom and my account on jenkins-ci?

> 90% of issues created, with few exceptions (basically when multiple
> components are assigned and someone else is the default, or manually
> overridden assignee by the issue creator).
>
> Beyond that, you can subscribe to a saved search -- have it be something
> like 'project = JENKINS and component = my-plugin and createdDate > -1d'
> and you should get a daily list of issues filed in the last day.

Daniel Beck

Nov 26, 2017, 12:06:38 PM11/26/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 26. Nov 2017, at 18:01, Martin Weber <enten...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Looks like I am NOT assigned by default. Could this be caused by discrepancies
> between the pom and my account on jenkins-ci?

This typically happens during component creation but might be missed for example when you adopt an existing plugin.

Tell us your Jira user name and what component and we'll fix this.

Note that you can batch reassign existing issues from the search results page in Jira if you want.

Martin Weber

Nov 26, 2017, 12:15:24 PM11/26/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Am Sonntag, 26. November 2017, 18:06:31 CET schrieb Daniel Beck:
> > On 26. Nov 2017, at 18:01, Martin Weber <enten...@gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > Looks like I am NOT assigned by default. Could this be caused by
> > discrepancies between the pom and my account on jenkins-ci?
>
> This typically happens during component creation but might be missed for
> example when you adopt an existing plugin.

Yes, I adopted the plugin

> Tell us your Jira user name and what component and we'll fix this.

Username: 15knots
Plugin ID: cmakebuilder
Wiki page: https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/CMake+Plugin

--
Cd wrttn wtht vwls s mch trsr.

Daniel Beck

Nov 26, 2017, 12:40:07 PM11/26/17
to Jenkins Developers

> On 26. Nov 2017, at 18:15, Martin Weber <fifteen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Username: 15knots
> Plugin ID: cmakebuilder

Done:
[2017-11-26 18:39:20] <jenkins-admin> Changing default assignee of subcomponent cmakebuilder-plugin to 15knots
[2017-11-26 18:39:25] <jenkins-admin> Default assignee set to 15knots

Martin Weber

Nov 26, 2017, 1:33:22 PM11/26/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Daniel