Infrastructure Maintenance - Tuesday 22th of January at 8PM (UTC)

Olblak

Jan 21, 2019, 3:45:58 AM1/21/19
to jenkin...@lists.jenkins-ci.org, jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We'll do an infrastructure maintenance tomorrow Tuesday 22th of January at 8PM (UTC) ....

The purpose of this maintenance is to upgrade every Ubuntu servers from version 14.04 to 18.04 as version 14.04 is getting end of life in April 2019.

For each machine, we'll have to do a packages distribution upgrade then  upgrade puppet agents and finally reboot each machines in order to use the latest kernel available.

This maintenance implies downtime and will affect the following services:

So please take this into consideration if you have some works that need to be done, especially regarding jira and confluence.

If you have any concerns, feel free to tell it.

As usually we'll be available on IRC "#jenkins-infra" channel and during the maintenance we'll also be in a hangeout session.
We'll share a link on IRC.

The related Jira ticket is INFRA-1962

Cheers

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Jan 22, 2019, 1:28:56 PM1/22/19
to JenkinsCI Developers, jenkin...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
Thanks for driving this and the heads up.

2019年1月21日(月) 0:45 Olblak <m...@olblak.com>:

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Olblak

Jan 23, 2019, 3:37:47 AM1/23/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

A small follow up with the upgrade procedure.
It took us more time than expected but the good news is that nothing went terribly wrong, thanks Tyler for that.

Despite several unpredictable "small" issues, mainly related to docker and disk spaces issues,  every machines were upgraded correctly to the lastest ubuntu LTS.
But we still have some issues related to the puppet master upgrade that I'll address as soon as possible.
but those don't affect services availability excepted puppet of course.

I'll keep you posted once everything is done done.

---
-> gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 52210D3D
---

Rick

Jan 23, 2019, 3:51:14 AM1/23/19
to Jenkins Developers