hello & improving Jenkins & Kubernetes CI / CD

James Strachan

Mar 1, 2018, 8:50:57 AM3/1/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello folks!

I’m James Strachan. I’m a long time Jenkins user and OSS developer. (e.g. I created Groovy, Apache Camel, dom4j, jaxen etc  Though I’m going to keep quiet about Jelly... ;). I’ve worked on a few Jenkins plugins over the years but never much on the core of Jenkins.

So I’ve been working with Jenkins on Kubernetes for about 3-4 years now; I was one of the folks behind fabric8 at Red Hat & helped bring Jenkins to OpenShift.

I’ve recently joined CloudBees and have been thinking & experimenting with how to make Jenkins more awesome as a tool for CI / CD platform on Kubernetes.

I’ve started working on a JEP to bring those experiments to this list. But until its a bit more fleshed out, I wonder if anyone fancies an off list heads up on what I’m thinking? I’d love some early feedback to before I try to bring my thoughts to this list.

Many thanks in advance & see you soon :)

--
James
-------

Robert Collins

Mar 2, 2018, 1:05:07 AM3/2/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Sure would. We have the two glued together with baling wire and twine. Hit me up at rob...@vmware.com

Rob

Michael Neale

Mar 5, 2018, 5:51:07 PM3/5/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi James - did you get to catch up with people about this?

"baling wire and twine" - isn't that how the internet works?

On 2 Mar. 2018 02:50, "James Strachan" <james.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Nigel Magnay

Mar 6, 2018, 4:23:47 AM3/6/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I'd be interested - we rolled our own twine after briefly experimenting with terraform, so I build a groovy/DSL based equivalent that's work-in-progress but more programmable..

gsim...@netflix.com

Mar 7, 2018, 3:17:53 PM3/7/18
to Jenkins Developers
Definitely interested in this space.  Also happy to host a meetup in the bay area if anyone is interested.